Prayer is POWERFUL!
Prayer is open and honest communication with our Heavenly Father. God LOVES you and wants to be in relationship with you! You can share your feelings openly and honestly with Him, whether those feelings are of anger, frustration, tiredness and failure; or of pleasure, passion, delight and success.
Prayer is open to all! It’s our birthright as Christians, and an extraordinary and wonderful privilege it is, to be in direct communication with God!
Our hearts are filled with a restless longing that nothing on earth can ever fully satisfy. Only God can give us that deep inner peace for which we yearn. In order to receive this gift, we need to enter into a trusting relationship with our Creator. When we take this step, the gift of peace is planted like a seed within us. It is our responsibility to ensure that this seed grows and bears fruit.
In the morning, while it was still very dark,
Jesus got up and went out to a deserted place, and there He prayed.
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
SCF Prayer Chain
If you have any prayer needs to send out to the fellowship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Pray for a Friend’
‘Pray for a Friend’ is an initiative where we pray for those we know and love who do not yet know Jesus. The idea is to pick one or two people (or whoever God lays on your heart) and pray for them every day for a month.
Some inspiration for what to pray for:
- Opportunities for sharing God’s love.
- That the Holy Spirit’s power and love draws them to Jesus. (Acts 2:21)
- Spiritual openness to clearly hear the Good News and find it irresistible. (2 Cor 4:4; Romans 10:9-10)
- To encounter other Christians who will show God’s love to them.
- For any schemes of the enemy to fail. (2 Cor 10:5)
- Wisdom and courage when speaking about God’s love – and to persevere!