- A local community of people in Milton Keynes who are enthusiastic about Jesus Christ. We believe He is God’s answer to everything wrong in this world. We meet together to worship God, to help one another to follow Jesus, and to encourage others to do the same.
- A Christian church. We are one among many churches in Milton Keynes, whose job is to represent the Kingdom of God in our locality and in the world as a whole.
- A registered charity. We use donations to finance activities that promote the aims of our trust deed: “The worship of God, the edification and instruction of Christians, the care and Christian instruction of young people and children, the evangelisation of non-Christians, the relief of sickness and poverty and the advancement of the Christian faith generally.”
- An international community. Most of our church congregation are from the UK but we have several families from South Africa and Zimbabwe and many other nations are represented in our congregation, including Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Japan, Nigeria and Zambia. We support Scripture Union workers in Russia and Slovakia and a number of mission projects all over the world.
What can Shenley Christian Fellowship offer me?
- The opportunity to learn about Jesus and His teaching.
- The opportunity to learn wisdom from the Bible which will give purpose and direction to your life.
- The opportunity to be part of a caring community of people helping each other to follow Jesus.
- The opportunity to receive, and learn to pass on, the healing power of the Holy Spirit.
- Special activities to apply Jesus’ teaching to different needs and ages.
- The opportunity to join others on a journey of faith.
Does Shenley Christian Fellowship belong to a denomination or group?
Shenley Christian Fellowship is a member church of the Baptist Union of Great Britain and is locally part of the Central Baptist Association.
As a Baptist church, we cherish the tradition of baptising believers rather than infants and the practice of involving the whole body of believers in major decisions about the Fellowship’s life. In 2023, the church agreed to remove the traditional system of church Membership and instead replace it with a new model of Partnership. In this new model, once someone has agreed that Shenley Christian Fellowship is the church they want to be a part of, and has an ethos and vision they want to get behind (usually a process of three months), they then automatically become a partner in the church’s life. There are three distinct things that being a partner involves:
Attending: You cannot partner with something that you don’t value and attend.
Serving: You cannot partner with something if you are not actively serving in some way. There are many ways to actively serve in SCF – serving one another to make the church and the ministries, and ultimately the vision, work.
Giving (financially): You cannot partner with something if your heart is not there. The Bible says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21 NKJV
As a church, we have also been influenced by the Charismatic movement and believe the Holy Spirit is active through His gifts in the church today. We encourage people to seek both the gifts and the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Locally, we enjoy a friendly relationship with other Christian churches in Milton Keynes and have worked together with them on a number of ventures over the years.