Take this opportunity to book one of our rooms in The Oak Tree Centre. The whole building has access to free Wi-Fi.
These rooms are particularly suitable for parties, business meetings, classes/groups, training rooms and various private functions.
Wilberforce hall: 10.5m x 12m (126m²). Click to view the Wilberforce Hall
Room No: 1 Carey Room 3.3m x 4.1m (13.5m²) – carpeted. Click to view the Carey Room
Room No: 3 Müller Room 3.3m x 4.1m (13.5m²) – carpeted. Click to view the Müller Room
Room No: 2 Graham Room 6.6m x 8.2m (27m²) – wash clean marmoleum floor. Click to view the Graham Room
Please note: Rooms 1 & 3 can be booked as two separate rooms or as a double room 6.6m x 4.1m (27m²).
The Hall and Müller Room are provided with a data projector attached to the ceiling. Unlimited chairs and tables are available.
To make a reservation or for more information, please contact Nicki Bell, the Oak Tree Centre Manager at OTCManager@scf-mk.org.uk or call on 01908 410840.
Oak Tree Centre Lettings Policy
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING
1. Encouraging the use of the Premises
SCF want to see the premises utilised in a way that advances the Church’s work within the community of western Milton Keynes – through church activities, church sponsored activities and suitable community activities, which help build bridges between SCF and the local community. We reserve the right not to accept bookings for activities which are in conflict with the Christian faith and the SCF vision, values and theology, or that will prevent our regular activities from functioning in full.
2. Charging Policy
We will make a charge for the use of the premises these charges are as follows:
- The Hall and meeting rooms can be hired from 9am until 10pm. (Mon-Sat).
- All room hire has a minimum charge of 1.5 hour period.
- Please note that the Hall and meeting rooms are not available for rental on Sundays.
Full payment of the total hire fee, inclusive of any deposit, must be paid 14 days before the hire date to secure the use of the premises as outlined.
Payment will be accepted by cash, cheque (made payable to SCF Outreach Ltd) or bank transfer. Payments made by cheque must have cleared funds in SCF Outreach Bank 14 days before the booking date.
One off event booking deposit – A refundable Security deposit is required for booking an event held in the Wilberforce Hall. This is usually taken as an uncashed cheque no later than 24 hours before the event hire. The hourly rate is up to 4 hours, after this the tariff varies. Our full day tariff is applied of £500 which includes hall, café lounge area and use of the building. All other meeting rooms are charged at £100 as an uncashed cheque. This same cheque is returned after the event upon inspection of the room hired. If there is any damage, then this amount will be held until the following working day, when the issue or damage is discussed and deducted.
- If the booking is cancelled 60 days or more before the hire date, any payments made are fully refundable.
- If the booking is cancelled 15 – 60 days before the hire date, 50% of the deposit is refundable.
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the hire date, the full deposit amount is non-refundable; only the security deposit will be refunded in full.
2.1 Fees Policy
The table below sets out the fees policy for the hiring of the OTC Hall and meeting rooms, as agreed by the Oak Tree Centre. All fees charged for lettings must be in direct accordance with this schedule and policy statement. Periods recorded as ‘SCF’ are not available for booking to the general public. Fees will be reviewed on a periodic basis by the Oak Tree Centre.
Charges for room hire are as follows:
|Hall (per hour)|
|Hall (per hour)|
|Afternoon||No Reg Bookings||£40||£20|
|Evening||No Reg Bookings||£40||£20|
Morning: 9am – 1pm Afternoon: 2pm – 6pm Evening: 7pm – 10pm
- A 50% holding deposit is paid upfront.
- Rate: £40 per hour for up to 4 hours.
- Rate: £300 for between 5-7 hours.
- Rate: £500 for 7 hours or more.
- A daily rate of £500 includes use of the café lounge area, plus the smaller rooms.
- A Security holding deposit as mentioned previously as an uncashed cheque will be returned after the event, providing there are no damages.
- The total booking fee must be paid in full at least 7 days before the booking date/period.
Regular weekly bookings for less than 1 month
- The total booking fee must be paid in full at least 24hrs before the booking period.
Regular weekly bookings for more than 1 month
- One months’ booking fee must be paid in full at least 7 days before the booking period.
- This acts as a deposit and secures your booking date and time.
Hereafter payment is due one month in advance. This deposit is fully refundable providing damage has not been caused.
3. Kitchen use / Refreshments
Use of the kitchens is not permitted. Tea/coffee/refreshments may be brought in by the hirer. Hot water pump dispensers can be supplied free of charge; disposable cups can also be supplied at a small extra charge if required. Cold buffet food platters can also be supplied by Oak Tree Centre at an additional charge – please ask to see a menu and prices for this at time of your booking enquiry.
As a church we seek to be open and welcoming to the community around us and welcome all users who respect SCF’s values and vision of reaching out to the community.
Out of respect to other users and our neighbours, we expect all users to conduct themselves in a reasonable and courteous manner whilst on the premises.
We request that hirers leave the rooms in a clean and tidy state following their activity, ensuring that all rubbish is put into bins provided and tables and chairs are neatly stacked or put away as appropriate.
Where the premises are to be used for a regular activity with children present, the user agrees to comply with the policy and guidelines set out in the document ’Safe to Grow’ (To download this policy, please click on this link).
If a key is issued, an appropriate phone number must be added to the key-fob in case of loss. NB: the name of the church must NOT be written on the fob.
5. Car Park
The church car park may normally be used by those hiring the premises.
However please note the following:
- The car park is offered on a first come first served basis unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing at the time of booking.
- Restrictions may apply for certain events when multiple activities are functioning at the same time, without a reduction in fee.
- Street parking in the vicinity of the church is not permitted, in respect for the local neighbours.
- Parking is strictly at the owner’s risk. The Church can accept no liability whatsoever for cars parked in its car park or on the streets.
6. Health and Safety
Whilst SCF will take steps to ensure the premises are safe to use, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure suitable first aid cover, and that the SCF Health and Safety Policy Document is fully understood.