- A local community of people in Milton Keynes who are enthusiastic about Jesus Christ. We believe He is God’s answer to everything wrong in this world. We meet together to worship God, to help one another to follow Jesus, and to encourage others to do the same.
- A Christian church. We are one among many churches in Milton Keynes, whose job is to represent the Kingdom of God in our locality and in the world as a whole.
- A registered charity. We use donations to finance activities that promote the aims of our trust deed: “The worship of God, the edification and instruction of Christians, the care and Christian instruction of young people and children, the evangelisation of non-Christians, the relief of sickness and poverty and the advancement of the Christian faith generally.”
- An international community. Most of our church congregation are from the UK but we have several families from South Africa and Zimbabwe and many other nations are represented in our congregation, including Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Japan, Nigeria and Zambia. We support Scripture Union workers in Russia and Slovakia and a number of mission projects all over the world.
What can Shenley Christian Fellowship offer me?
- The opportunity to learn about Jesus and His teaching.
- The opportunity to learn wisdom from the Bible which will give purpose and direction to your life.
- The opportunity to be part of a caring community of people helping each other to follow Jesus.
- The opportunity to receive, and learn to pass on, the healing power of the Holy Spirit.
- Special activities to apply Jesus’ teaching to different needs and ages.
- The opportunity to join others on a journey of faith.
Does Shenley Christian Fellowship belong to a denomination or group?
After being independent for the first 16 years of its history, Shenley Christian Fellowship was accepted in 2007 as a member church by the Central Baptist Association and the Baptist Union of Great Britain.
We are also affiliated to the Evangelical Alliance. This is a national organisation that represents Christians who value the Bible as the authority for faith and practice. It includes congregations in almost all of the major denominations as well as some that are independent.
As a Baptist church we cherish the tradition of baptising believers rather than infants and the practice of involving the whole body of believers in major decisions about the Fellowship’s life.
We have also been influenced by the Charismatic movement and believe the Holy Spirit is active through His gifts in the church today. We encourage people to seek both the gifts and the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Locally, we enjoy a friendly relationship with other Christian churches on the “West Flank” of Milton Keynes and have worked together with them on a number of ventures including a united Alpha course.